Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Journey Began

I'll never forget the day we began considering international adoption. Mark & I had spoken casually about adopting from China when we first were married. Years passed and since then had two beautiful biological children of our own. Savannah, a wonderful 5 year old little girl and Hayden, an energetic 2 1/2 year old little boy.

Mark wanted more children and I was thinking I wasn't ready to be pregnant with another child.

Then, one day, we were given tickets to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert by good friends of ours. The evening of the concert, God spoke to me in a VERY real way. Despite my feelings of being overwhelmed with the two children I had, God assured me that HE would help.....making all things possible through Him.

We walked out of that concert that evening March 19, 2005 with China & international adoption pulling on our heartstrings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment